Pages

The Cry at Seventeen

. Monday, September 19, 2011

Back in school I was a huge fan of ‘Chicken Soup for Teenage Soul’ , Not that I ain’t now but yea time. I used to read it more than frequent. Today at home, I was ransacking some of my old notes and diaries and I came across this piece of writing that I had written back in Xth grade. ‘Written’ may not be the exact and correct term but it was adaptation that I actually brought out after a reading a prose from ‘Chicken Soup for Teenage Soul’ I will maintain the grammatical error and the punctuations and other literary essentials that I did commit while writing this in Xth Grade. And if you read it you will know how big a fan was i of ‘abab/aabb’ rhyming scheme then

Agony claws my mind,
Grief has struck my heart
Sympathy, I did try to find
Loneliness was the that I ever got

I found thousand of others
whose bodies were as mangled as mine
I was given a place and a number
The category was ‘Traffic Fatalities’

The day I dies was an ordinary one
I wheeled the car out of my mom
I was excited at being my own boss
Unaware of the coming great loss

It doesnt matter how the accident took place
I was going too fast , taking crazy chances
The last thing I remember was passing an old lady
whose speed was that of a snail

I heard a crash and some sound
I felt a terrific shake
Glasses and Steel flew around
My body was at a great stake

I heard myself scream
I heard myself shout
None , but some paid attention
to my body turning inside out

Suddenly. I awakened
Everything was very quiet
A Doctor stood before me
and a Policeman on my right

My body was badly injured
with my clothes, all stained with blood
Pieces of glass were out all over sticking
Strange, that I could not feel anything

Hey , Don’t pull that sheet over me’
’I cannot be dead’
I have a date tonight’
and supposed to have a wonderful life ahead’

Later, I was placed in a drawer
My folks came to identify
Why did they have to see me like this
Answer me God why ??

Dad , suddenly appeared very old
’Yes , he is our son’, to the man in charge he told
How could I see my Mom’s eye
when she faced the most terrible ordeal of her life

The funeral was weird
with all men who loved me and cared
My buddies touched my hand
and bid me ‘good bye’ for ever

Please, somebody wake me up
Get me out of here
To see mom and dad in such relentless pain
I could no longer bear

My grandparents are so weak from grief
My brother and sister are like candies
I have several promises to fulfill --
Oh ! Someone please believe this

Please don’t bury me
I don’t want to be dead
I want to laugh and run again
I want to enjoy my life ahead

Please, give me one more chance
God, don’t be so mean
All I want is one more chance
Please God, I am only seventeen

0 comments:

 

^