Pages

Little things that count in life - Really ?

. Saturday, August 9, 2014

A day which eventually I spent with lot of kids, not too tech kids but definitely more aware kids. I was taken back to my childhood days along with my siblings when we valued and enjoyed the smallest of things that came by far and between. Summer vacation was the most heavenly thing we ever knew. We had heard of air conditioners but weren't really close to it. Fine dining was an unknown concept. Money was so valued. Infact there really was very little money, no Kindle or iPad, no Xbox or Fischer Price toys, but we were thrilled enough to split the new Cadbury three ways. And wait for what the next day threw up.

And then I turn up to kids these days. They rarely waits for things, and rarely thrilled beyond seconds and have usually moved on to the next bicycle or earrings or clothes they wants. From the too-little-too-late story of our childhood, kids these days seemingly have too much too soon, losing the sparkle and joy of small things. It is nice to have an improved economy, globalisation and all of that, but could we also have a happy, needy child at home?

As I travelled back across my memory lane I cogitated if those little things still count in today's dynamic and run after mill life. Is the joy of small things lost somewhere ??

0 comments:

 

^