Pages

Irony of Social Network

. Monday, June 6, 2011

This is not an argumentative Essay, and I am not a argumentative Indian. Because most of us cant have arguments only for the matter of fact that arguments needs quintessential sense; sorry social sense; which in most of the obvious cases we lack at commonly and majorly as a community. I am not playing with words. Social Networks are growing. By the word growing I mean outgrowing. They are everywhere. But simultaneously it makes me ponderous (yea i can think at times :P) It makes me thinks of of the nonsensical thing that a Social network can make you think. It makes me think about the past, present or may be future; depends upon what part of future i as a contributor will survive.

People mind missing up their missed calls, they mind missing up their text, but missing on a notification on a debated thread on facebook; no they wont miss it. Tweeting about the latest gossip in the town; no they cant afford to miss it. Social Networks, Should they complement human existence or should human existence complement Social Networks ? Believe me I am in a state of jeopardy; of what kind and measure well that’s trivial to discuss.

The social networks has bestowed with some strange thought to be thought of. Have they made us inutile or were we same as this before, Its just that they projected our inutile property with glory and pseudo inertness. I doubt and my doubts are outgrowing every moment. I don't want to think or talk about the sad suck holes and dumb assholes they made us. I don't want to talk about the medical disorders they gave us. I don't want to talk about the “you can get laid” smile that these young guns have when they chat on these social platforms.

I rather want to ask some inert questions that might cease to exist if never opened my shithole mouth. I do have a twitter account. (No attempt to Promote my own twitter account :P, as if someone will ever follow me). My twitter timeline is crisp and hot; Oh yeah, it does features Gulpanag. Wait she is (turning 30) I suppose. How can anyone of us be so prompt on these social networks, that you tell the world your shit schedule and that too on a minutely basis. My question is what were the priorities when these to be updated social platforms never existed. Did these priorities ever existed or are they dissolved in thin air. Or do you want me to believe that you sit whole day in front of your dabba updating you minutely timelines. Do you want me to believe that you charge you cell phones a million time during the day. Means what do you do to earn a comforting lifestyle that you have. I see your tweets more often than I see anything.

The concept of digitizing the social life of a being is good till the word digitizing remains in its own compass. Or should I comprehend we do not understand the mean of digitizing of social life. Something is seriously wrong. Recently on one weekend I asked on of my friend for a movie and he replied he was “FBing”. I had heard this word more than often but eating, drinking, kissing, even sucking is ok, but “FBing”. Seriously am I a loner as far as this tangy feeling I have or do I have companions who share the same.

I do not intend to criticize one social network in particular; infact i do not intend to criticize even the shit bread i am eating now. How ironical, Social network was conceptualized to increase social ties, to replenish the whole concept of social relationship and what we have become are a outnumbered bunch of disconnected and lost faces. I am afraid is this what we ever wanted to be. Its this what the human race ever wanted to be. We need to understand, not the adversities or the side effects of getting too adhered to these platforms, but the exact meaning of the word “Social Network” The community doesn’t need dot lines, it needs line joining these dots.

social-network

0 comments:

 

^