Pages

Matrix – Rememory

. Sunday, May 22, 2011

No matter what you think about the Matrix sequels, no one will argue the greatness inherent in the story of the Matrix itself. And it's sad to see that with the amount of dissing the sequels got, there hadn't been any truly significant additions to the franchise, and all Matrix fans are left wanting more and more, without our thirst quenched. I have been a huge fan of Matrix, only for the reason that this films offers a little something for everyone. The die-hard science fiction uncovered a plot that mixed and matched both new and old conventions of the genre in a compelling fashion. Action aficionados will found that there's no shortage of electric excitement, whether it's in the form of hand-to-hand kung fu-type fights or shoot-outs with seemingly limitless ammunition. There's betrayal, a little romance, some humor, and a moral dilemma or two, all wrapped into a well-produced package. This is one movie that I bow before _/\_

image

I thought I will compile a few excerpts from the legendary series. These are some that i found form different sources Thought of listening to them.

The Matrix

  • I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're  afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world ... without you. A world without rules or controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you. [NEO]
  • I know why you're here, Neo. I know what you've been doing. I know why you hardly sleep, why you live alone and why night after night, you sit at your computer. You're looking for him. I know, because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It's the question that drives us, Neo. It's the question that brought you here. You know the question, just as I did. [TRINITY]
  • Dodge this. [TRINITY]
  • Don't think you are, know you are. [MORPHEUS]
  • Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself. [MORPHEUS]
  • It means buckle your seatbelt, Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is going bye-bye. [CYPHER]
  • I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss. [CYPHER]
  • 'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure. [SMITH]
  • Never send a human to do a machine's job. [SMITH]
  • Maybe the machines didn't know what chicken tasted like, so that's why chicken tastes like everything. [MOUSE]
  • Do not try and bend the spoon... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no spoon. [SPOON BOY]

Matrix Reloaded

  • Choice, the problem is choice. [NEO]
  • This night did not happen by chance. I do not believe in chance. When I see three objectives, three captains, three ships I do not see coincidence. I see providence. I see purpose. I believe this night holds for each and every one of us, the very meaning of our lives. [MORPHEUS]
  • I killed you Mr. Anderson, I watched you die. With a certain satisfaction, I might add. And then something happened, something that I knew was impossible, but it happened anyway. You destroyed me, Mr. Anderson. Afterwards, I knew the rules, I understood what I was supposed to do, but I didn't. I couldn't. I was compelled to stay. Compelled to disobey. And now here I stand because of you, Mr Anderson. Because of you, I'm no longer an agent of this system. Because of you, I've changed, I'm unplugged, a new man, so to speak, like you, apparently free. [SMITH]
  • Choice is an illusion, created between those with power, and those without. [MEROVINGIAN]
  • Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden so assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control, which has led you, inexorably, here. [THE ARCHITECT]

Matrix Revolutions

  • Everything that has a beginning has an end. I see the end coming, I see the darkness spreading. I see death... and you are all that stands in his way. [THE ORACLE]
  • He is you. Your opposite; your negative. The result of the equation trying to balance itself out. [THE ORACLE]
  • Cookies need love like everything does. [THE ORACLE]
  • Why, Mr. Anderson? Why, why, why? Why do you do it? Why, why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something, for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is, do you even know? Is it freedom, or truth, perhaps peace, could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose! And all of them as artificial as the matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it Mr. Anderson, you must know it by now. You can't win, it's pointless to keep fighting! Why, Mr. Anderson, why? Why do you persist?
  • What do you think I am? Human? [THE ARCHITECT]

May be you can go and watch once more

0 comments:

 

^