Pages

Four Years thence

. Saturday, May 8, 2010

"Small Moments makes Life big" someone said ; Idon't exactly remember who !!! :P. College makes a man out of you and guess what some one was moving to college. Yeah it was me moving to college. Like any other teenager I had thoughts, I had fancies, i had imaginations. The idea of being in college made me more happy and less homesick. College would mean more freedom; more liberty; and more importantly a whole lot of new chicks. The thoughts lingered in his mind as I was boarding my train. 


The first day in college  - 
We were taken to a round trip MIT campus. "Where the HELL am i  ??" ;  I whispered to myself . It seemed to me a dejavu everytime I loittered around. Physics Department, Chemistry department ; Department of Applied Science..  " What the Fuck ?? "; I whispered to Anurag. [Well seems like i need to introduce someone here - Anurag Sharma, a Petroleum Engineering Undergraduate, the first person i befriended at MIT pune ]  "Its just the beginning bro", he replied with a hint of sarcasm, which i could not get then. [I was pathetic at sarcasm then]. It took me a real one week to get familiar to places. I have'nt been to Jantar Mantar - the famous archtitectural masterpiece at Jaipur and New Delhi. But believe me MIT was no less than it.

After the so called "Knowing The Institution Better" session ;my first day at college[Officially]. The idea of attending a college lecture had kept my spirits high. [Though then i never knew what the word HIGH meant :-P]. I eneterd the class. It was a civil engineering lecture. The class was brimful, and after a close set of inspections i found a third bench for myself. This is after a long time i was heading on a third bench; God i was missing my last bench]. The class had same boring introduction. But then after it began a Discussion  - which was the best and more appreciated Engineering Discipline. The raw set of engineers looped in deep emotions and faith to their discipline. [And perhaps first time i felt how emotional was engineering community of Inida. Wether they get wasted or make the best of it; Engineers worship their discipline] Since it was a civil engineering lecture the voices of civil engineers were a little prominent and loud. The Electronics were a small bunch but with big surprises. and heavy contentions. Computer cult was not difficult to identify; generally the first benchers with heavily numbered glasses and a die-hard committed-to study attitude. They seemed to,in perfect harmony, whispering "Go to hell morons !! We are occupied ". As far as i was concerned i guess i had watched enough of parliamemntal discussions in my early age and i knew what best could have been done. Listen, Hoot and Enjoy and believe me i was a master at  it. :-) .

Mechanical Engineers are said to be one of the most Violent/Dynamic/Reasonable cult. [Well forgive my generosity towards them. Just a personal feeling ]  And they proved it. People werent failing to pitch in their arguments , justifications, explanations. Amdist the near to perferction hew and cry an innocent, dewy-eyed voice struck  my attention. "Sir i guess the mechanical Engineering Discipline is the most important one because we arent anything without machines and this bunch innovates it". "Wow !!! " , I exclaimed there is some girl who rose her voice amidst the set of platoon officers. I was least important in her reasons and justifications.and equally cared less the ramifications for wooing her. I just leaned forward to find out a young girl of my age with innocence adorning her, a purity surrounding her and a mirthfullness reflecting around her. I smiled. [sorry no words to express my smile. Its just a feeling beyond words]. The next 30 minutes i hardly  cared which cult actually wins; as far as i was concerned a voice spoke to me, " Well Anshu you have your first crush there. Cmon man act !! "

Finally the lecture ended like a parliament session in amazement with no conclusion but rather a diplomatic epilogue by the lecturer " Guys we are all equally important" and i could only say , "What a waste ".  Nevertheless i got a reason to attend lectures.  A reason Rise and Shine .. !!

1 comments:

Nikhil Naiga said...

nice blog... waise woh ladki kaun thi... ur first crush .. :P

 

^