Pages

The Crystal Ship

. Thursday, May 13, 2010

We aspire, we expect we evolve;  perhaps the brayed realities of human psychology. I aint' a philosopher but this is how by far my sense of logics and deductions goes in. But then what if some expectations aren’t answered. what if some aspirations aren’t met. I still remember back in 2004 when I was the editorial head of my class magazine; it was me who backed the title "Expect the Unexpected”. But then I never actually gulped in the gravity of this word.

Why am  I writing about the Expectations. Because lately I have discovered perhaps this human cognitive emotion grows exponentially and even if u differentiate it the tangents ain't smooth. This is one area I have hated consistently; even more consistent than my academics.

I remember I had a course in my 2nd year named Financial and Industrial Management. Heck I never cared about it. It had a unit which now reminds me of the Law of Demand and Supply. It stated - Supply and demand is an economic model of price determination in a market. It concludes that in a competitive market, price will function to equalize the quantity demanded by consumers, and the quantity supplied by producers, resulting in an economic equilibrium . Generally, when demand exceeds supply prices of a particular item or service are generally higher and when supply exceeds demand, prices of a particular item or service are lower. Expectations fits into these prototypes but with the alteration that u can never meet the demands of Expectation with your supplies.

I have seen people getting into relationship and by the end of a year moving out of the ride. And when I have had a close set of inspections at it ; perhaps I found this expectations hanging up there in somewhere. Most of the relationships chafe because we start expecting; we start demanding. A little closer look manifest that it’s this expectations that nearly curbs our freedom and space. It grows and the liberty closes in. These pragmatics of life perhaps make me scare of relationships.

Some expectations makes us smile while a lot brings in irresistible pain.Some makes us feel exuberant at heart while another set brings in apathy. Perfections isn't common.
Nevertheless this crystal ship has learned to stay afloat..

0 comments:

 

^