Pages

90 Minutes

. Friday, January 28, 2011

90 Minutes, tremendous title and tremendous expectation but you all gonna slang me hard and flesh because I tempted you to visit here and you visited this URL only to know that its yet another review. Albeit most of the review may have been out, and I know no one would be interested to read this. That’s the reason why I titled this post 90 minutes. But I am doing this for the sheer sake of taking out my frustration (that eventually exist even though a week has passed) and revenge on the Production House to produce/channelize a movie that I didn't really understand. Well I am going to write point by point. I learnt this habit from my AC who has this amazing habit of making things very clear and very precise. His each question is very clear with all supporting and highlighted well. That can be taken offline but for now Dhobi Ghat
A few of things I understood about this movie and few I didn't


  •  I dint understand why this movie was titled Dhobi Ghat. Ironically the movie had only a couple of scenes centered on a Dhobi Ghat.
  • The Duration of movie was 90 minutes and interestingly there was no interval. I get the fact, had there been an interval probably the screen attendance would have gone considerably low.
  • The film was supposed to be a diary but it lacked the usual sense of diaries which are more of intuitive and synchronized; reference is made to basketball diaries and Australian diaries. Mumbai Diaries – huh I dint get the feel.
  • It was a tough time to get the hang of things as the movie kept shifting from pillars to post every now and then. 
  • Aamir Khan with grey hairs and artistic appeals appeared totally a buffoon.
  • Some people termed it as a documentary. I totally disagree.
  • No Music. Albeit music isn't expected in diaries but even the Background Score sucked.
  • The End – I couldn't figure when it did end but I heard a sigh of relief in unison and I was sure it had ended.


The best part, the movie was only 90 minutes and Thank God My Company paid for tickets :-)
The sad part, an internal company event was total waste. We could have made a better use of the resources that were used.

Recommendations – Viewers Discretion is allowed. Watch it on your own risk. If you are one of those Pseudo Intellectual go ahead and I wouldn’t be surprised if you say –“What an awesome movie”
For the rest make better use of 90 minutes. There is a whole lot of better stuff you can do with your 90 minutes.



0 comments:

 

^