Pages

I do not feel like a proud Indian

. Thursday, December 20, 2012

 

 

Delhi_gangrape_protest_AP_1_295

I do not feel like a proud Indian after reading all that about the hideous crime in the capital. Someone so brutally assaulted, and the streets still did not care to put a piece of cloth or alert an emergency until police arrives. 8 rapes in 25 day and we try to say we are a emerging economy. We might light candles , we might make optimistic facebook post , we might write blogs; what's more important is to respect and care for a fellow human. Despite cast creed and race we still belong to one common community called as 'human' and this commonality is enough for us to care, respect and look out for each other.

I am going to be cautious about my society. Are you, I leave it to you. I might be sounding judgmental or hypocrite and despite how callous I pretend to be , deep down I still care for people around me;  despite I know them or not.

And yes - "I do not feel like a proud Indian"

P.S - These are my own personal opinion.

 

 

0 comments:

 

^